Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Smithfield Sprint Triathlon

Two weeks after completing my 4th half marathon Sean and I set out to complete our first triathlon, the Smithfield Sprint. This would have been our 2nd triathlon had the swimming portion of our "Triathlon" last September not been canceled.

We lucked out with beautiful weather. Temperatures in the mid 70's, lots of sun, the only negative being the strong wind.

I was a little apprehensive since I had taken off so much time with my injury although I was able to swim more frequently since swimming is basically no impact.

The race itself was a sprint, 300 meter pool swim, 10 mile bike, and a 5K run. Being a pool swim we all started staggered, 15 seconds apart from one another. Randomly Sean ended up being the person directly behind me.

Sean and I pose near our bikes

Audrey and I are hoping it warms up a little before we strip down into our swimming stuff

Triduo
took our race photos, I borrowed a few off of their website. If you're curious in seeing more, just follow the web link and check out the Smithfield Triathlon photos. You can search by last name.



Our friend Audrey started about 30 minutes before us, so we volunteered her to take our finish photos of us at the end of the race.

Glad to be done, I was tired


Yeah! I'm a triathlete!

Sean finishes close behind me. He passed me on the bike, and I caught up on the run and passed him


We enjoyed the nice weather and free pulled pork after the race

Audrey and Sean enjoying our Ferry ride back home

Sean and I

1 comments:

Deb said...

What a great day you guys had.
Glad to know we have some athletes in our family. Wish it could rub off on me a little. Love ya!