Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

It is my families tradition to read The Polar Express on Christmas Eve. Up until we stopped coming home for Christmas mom would still read us the book. A few years ago (2005) Stacy bought Amie and I our own copies of the book, and of course the DVD that had come out that year as well. Seeing that I haven't been home for Christmas in quite some time, I still like to keep the tradition alive.

Last night I pulled the book out, and asked Sean if he would please read me the story. Being that he's so completely wonderful he said yes, and we curled up under the covers and he read me the book. He even changed his voice and read it the way mom used to read it. It was perfect!


This morning we both woke up at 6:30 am, so we could go to 8 am mass. It was nice dressing up and not freezing our butts off. Kind of crazy, but our Christmas morning was about 57 degrees and sunny. I was not complaining at all. We even saw one of Santa's reindeer that got left behind. He was really confused, didn't have anywhere to run to. So we just sat and watched him for awhile. You can't see him real well, but we eventually left him alone.


After mass we came back home, tidied up the kitchen and fulfilled yet another tradition, Orange Sweet Rolls! Every Christmas morning we would make these, and Sean is more than willing to continue my tradition, I think he loves them more than I do. Once the Orange Sweet Rolls were done, we brought them into the living room, with our Mimosa's and decided to open our presents.


Before opening presents, we both posed in front of our little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.


Obviously all 8 sweet rolls were gone before lunch. You can see just how delicious they are in my beautiful photo below.


I got Sean a Wii for Christmas so we've spent the better part of the day playing the sports games that come with it along with the Mario Kart game that Amers got us. Thanks Amie Leigh!

We had a late lunch with a delicious turkey, mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was so yummy and juicy and I forgot to take a picture, but it looked as good as it tasted. We'll have plenty of leftovers for the week as well.

We're going to hang out at the house a little longer, and probably catch a movie later on. I think we're going to try and see Marley and Me. It looks like it's supposed to be a good one!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone had as wonderful of a holiday as we've had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mimosas and Orange Sweet rolls: YUM

Deb said...

Glad you Christmas was fun filled with new as well as old memories. Also glad we got to talk and wish each other a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Luv ya.