Friday evening we headed over to Alize Bistro to meet up with The Micro Tour members and their significant others. Sean's not a member but he plays golf enough with them that they usually invite us to their events. It was a nice dinner plus we did the white elephant gift exchange. We ended up with a bottle of some orange liquor and a Christmas ornament. It was also a nice chance to catch up with our good friends Cindy and Steve.
Cindy & Steve

Sean and I
Saturday Sean wasn't feeling well so he was in bed until about 5 pm. This gave me a chance to dive into my book. Those that know me, know I'm not a huge reader. I used to love to read, but now barely find the time, or the interest. Everyone has been talking about The Twilight Series, so I figured, why not give it a try. My sister Stacy has the books, and she had sent the first book to my other sister Amie to read and then since I expressed interest, I now have the first book. The other books will be sent once read by both sisters. Around 5 I told Sean he had to get up since we had our YEP (Young Emerging Professional) Christmas party. This was a semi-formal event that I wanted to go to and I was being a little selfish, but I didn't want to go alone. So we dressed up and went over to the party which was being held in a model home in New Town. The space, food and all beverages were donated, so it was a cost free evening, which was really nice. It was nice catching up with some friends that I hadn't been in touch with in a while.
Snapshot at my t-shirt

Sunday Sean still wasn't feeling well. He stayed in bed until, well actually I don't think he left the bedroom. I made waffles in bed for him this morning and then continued with my book while he slept. This afternoon was The Colonial Road Runner's end of the year award banquet. I wanted to be there around 3 or so, and since Sean was still in bed I didn't bother him with asking him to come with me. It was nice to catch up with some of the Colonial Road Runner's that I hadn't talked to in a while. There was free food and drink, which was nice. During the awards ceremony I received my recognition for 1st place in the 20-29 age group. I received a t-shirt, a nice plaque (with all my race times from the year on it), free Panera bread every month for a year, $20 gift certificate to Colonial Sports, 20 tickets to Go-Karts Plus, Free breakfast at Aromas, and $15 for Chanellos!

Now I'm home about to finish up Twilight, I think I only have 10 or 20 pages left. I would have finished it earlier but I ran out of time. I hope the Giants kick butt tonight, than maybe Sean will start feeling a little better.



4 comments:
Wow that is a busy weekend - no wonder you didn't call me back :) Congrats on the awards - you deserved it. Love you!
I'm trying to finish "The Pillars of the Earth (LOVE it) and then get into Twilight. Do you like it? I hope I do b/c I bought the book brand-new!
Is Sean contagious? B/c if he is/was, I'm not so sure the people he exposed himself to will be too happy if their holidays are ruined as they get it and then spread it around their innocent families. I call it, "The gift that keeps on spreading."
But, I'm not so sure I would have wanted to go to an event by myself either...so, I really shouldn't say anything...
Love Twilight...I just finished New Moon. I made a point of reading Twilight prior to seeing the movie...but I think...I think this all ties with Harry Potter!!
Wow - busy weekend and your award was pretty awesome I think.
Post a Comment