Tuesday, January 13, 2009

World's Toughest Cowboy/Getting Stuff Done

It's been awhile and although I've been busy and have lots to talk about I haven't had the desire to sit down and type. So I'll summarize real brief what I've been up to.

Right after the New Year Sean and I drove to Raleigh to visit Amie for a rodeo, The World's Toughest Cowboy. This is a realty show that is going to be premiering shortly on Spike TV. Look for us on TV on February 5th, which is when the Raleigh show will be aired. Basically a bunch of cowboys compete in a rodeo and each week some one is voted off. At the end the cowboy who wins gets a ranch, that Amie's company is providing. Here are some photos from the weekend together.
I had to buy a cowboy shirt since I was at the rodeo

Introducing the cowboys



Enjoying a beer while watching the rodeo

Matching sisters at the after party

We stole the cowboys hats, you can see one of the cowboys poking through our hair

Amie and I with one of the Cowboys

Amie and Brett


Last weekend Sean and I got a lot of stuff done. Most importantly we bought our wedding bands, which was pretty exciting. We're about 4 1/2 months away, time is going quickly. We then drove up to Sean's sister Amy's house and visited with her family. We also got to see Alana and Celeste since they were visiting for the weekend. Alana got engaged on Christmas eve, so we got a chance to check out her rock!
Anna's new shirt that my sister Amie made for her.


Sean reading to Anna

Lucy coming to get me

Sunday I drove to Maryland alone to do my hair and makeup trial for the wedding. I also went and looked at the place I'm going to be getting ready with my girls and having for Sean and I for the wedding night. It's pretty nice, so we got that checked off the list.

I've been really active with my spinning classes lately, spinning probably 3-4 days a week. I've been doing a lot of double workouts too, spinning in the morning and running at night. I figure if I'm not working I should take advantage and work out as much as possible. However, I start a new job on Friday, and considering I've been laid off since before Thanksgiving, it will probably take a little adjusting getting the grove of things again. It will be nice to start getting a paycheck though.

I'm going to try and keep up with this a little more often so I don't have to blog a months worth at a time.

1 comments:

Deb said...

Phew! You had a lot to blog about. Thanks for updating us all and the great pictures as well.
Mom