Thursday, December 18, 2008

Edamame, Christmas Trees and Salvation Army

What do these three things have in common? Well nothing, or nothing that's really worth blogging about. They are each very important on their own.

Edamame
Anyway I've spoken to recently knows that Edamame is one of my new favorites. Needless to say I was pretty excited when I went to Trader Joes and they were giving samples of an Edamame Hummus on crackers. I'm not a big Hummus fan, but let me tell you, this stuff is delicious, probably because it's made only with the Edamame soybean and not the chickpea. I could eat spoonfuls! Next time you go to Trader Joes, I suggest you pick it up, you will not be disapointed.

Christmas Trees
Sean and I have slacked on getting into the season this year, and it's been bothering me that we hadn't gotten a tree yet. Less than a week until Christmas, and we don't even have the Christmas towels out yet. I had been talking with Amie about this (older sis) and she hadn't gotten her tree either, so at least I wasn't the only one. We talked about it, and we both discussed just getting little Charlie Brown trees this year. With the economy being the way it is, I just can't see myself shelling out $75 on a tree. Anyways, I was doing my errands today and I drove past the church we always buy our trees from. It looked pretty deserted, so I drove in and low and behold next to the pile of trees there was a sign that said FREE please take. I was more than thrilled. Not only did I get our Christmas Tree, but I didn't have to pay a dime for it. Oh, and I got a FREE wreath too! Amie still hasn't gotten her tree, maybe she'll have one before Christmas.
Salvation Army
A few months ago I decided to volunteer for the Salvation Army by ringing the bell. I signed up, and tonight was my day. For two hours I stood outside the local grocery store ringing my bell, smiling and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. It definitely was a good way to get into the season and it definitely helped that their was a group singing Christmas carols, along with their instruments down at another entrance. We were even presented with Mistletoe by an older gentlemen! I love the holiday season.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Great tree - can't wait to see it with a decoration or two on it. Bell ringing is something I have yet to do, I am glad you did it, hope you didn't freeze.

Amie said...

Nice update Trish. Still no tree and it's 12/19. I hope Santa doesn't get mad!!!