Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Meet the Fockers" weekend

The last week has been very busy, and I obviously haven't had time to log on and blog.

Thursday evening Sean's parent's flew in from NY. Sean and I both drove to the airport to pick them up and then went for a nice relaxing dinner just the four of us.

Friday I wasn't planning on taking off from work, but since I was laid off on Thursday it worked out that I was able to spend the morning with Celeste (Sean's mom) while Sean and his dad played golf. Friday afternoon/evening the four of us went and looked at Tux options and walked around the mall. Nothing too eventful.


Larry and Sean pose with a panda at the mall

Saturday morning, mom was supposed to fly in around 10 am, but of course flying through JFK she was delayed and I wasn't able to pick her up until about 1 pm, the airport is about an hour away so we got back around 2 pm. Dad and his wife Patti drove up and got to our house around 1:30 pm.

Sean and I decided it would be fun to go to the Williamsburg Winery because seriously, who doesn't like wine? Apparently it was a large tourist weekend, because there were so many people. We had to wait a little over half an hour for our tour, but this just gave everyone a chance to hang out and get to know each other.

Outside of the Williamsburg Winery

All 7 of us


After the wine tour we went down to Duke of Gloucester street so that everyone could take advantage of the free samples at The Peanut Shop. It is our absolute favorite! We tried not to eat too much, since we had dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant, Cities Grill. Dinner was a lot of fun and our moms especially seemed to hit it off chit chatting the entire time.

Anyone have any tomatoes?

Sean and the two moms

Dad, Patti, Larry, Celeste and Mom

I couldn't resist, both moms sharing photos off of their cameras

A group shot at dinner

A rare shot with both mom and dad (thanks guys)

After dinner we headed back to the house, where we informed everyone that we would all do the customary Irish Car Bomb. We then sat at our dinning room table and played Imaginiff for a few hours. We laughed the entire time, and I think everyone had a lot of fun.

Dad wearing Larry's funny hat

Mom, Sean and I, Dad and Patti (oh yeah car bombs lined up too)

No one refused the delicious drink

The aftermath

Playing Imaginiff

Sunday morning we had a nice breakfast together and decided to go to Jamestown Settlement and walk around. We lucked out with perfect weather.

The boys with their guns

Larry, Sean, Mom, and Celeste


Dad was excited to see so many hides

Another group shot at Jamestown Settlement

Sean and I in our armor

Dad and Patti

Sean with his snake...he hates snakes


Dad and Patti left around 2 pm, so Sunday evening the rest of us relaxed, watched the Giants beat the Eagles and munched on some appetizers.

Monday morning Sean's parents left before we woke up.

My mom stayed until this morning and we were able to spend Monday and Tuesday together just the two of us.

I've had a busy week, but it has been so much fun and I'm so glad that our families got along so well.

5 comments:

Amie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Jealous you got to spend so much time with the family! Less than 200 days to go!!!

Deb said...

I had a wonderful time meeting and seeing everyone. Can't wait now for the BIG day!! Love you

Anonymous said...

It was worth the 1400 miles we had to travel to get there. I'm to tired to drive anymore. Great meeting everyone! Love, Dad

~Nerderella said...

It looks like a great weekend! I loved the pictures. Your wedding is soooooon!

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Great pics! Tears! Awesome.

You seem to be handling the layoff well. I would have had a whole post about it, tears, screaming words and the works! It's the one thing I love about the Army (besides being stationed at the best duty station ever): Job security. It's pretty unlikely my husband would ever get laid off. I feel so horrible for all my friends who have gone through it (and all have, except Amie (I believe) and my friend who's a nurse).