Another cold morning. This time there was frost on the ground and ice on the car windows. Did that stop me from running? If you answered yes you don't know me very well. I didn't make Sean run with me this morning, he did however come and take pictures for me. The race, Blue Talon Bistro Turkey Trot, had a really good turn out with 525 5K runners. There was also a walking category and a kids fun run that when totaled with the runners included 685 individuals. Not too bad for a Thanksgiving morning run. There was no pressure for me this morning, even though there was a large turnout, not all of my normal running buddies were present, in fact I probably only knew a handful of people. I went out faster than normal thinking lets just try and keep it under 23 minutes again. I didn't expect to have a spectacular time, considering it wasn't a fast flat course like Governor's Land on Saturday. Once I started running my legs felt good and I just continued to push it. There were a few girls I kept running back and forth with. I didn't want them to beat me so I kept with them. I ended up with an official time of 22:25.27, over 12 seconds faster than Saturday's race! I had no idea that I would PR once again in the same week. I obviously couldn't be more thrilled. I ended up placing 3rd in my age group out of 35, 7th in the female category out of 267 and 71st overall out of the 525 runners. The prizes were Turkey Trot portable coffee mugs. Now it's time to relax, take a little cat nap on the couch and then spend some time with our wonderful neighbors that have been kind enough to invite us over for a Thanksgiving meal. Can't wait.
The race begins (33 degrees)
The race begins (33 degrees)

4 comments:
Congrats on a new PR!
Glad to hear you did well - Good Job - enjoy your mug!
Yeah! You have outdone yourself. Any more races before the year comes to an end?
Congrats on your second sub-23 run!! I'm really excited for you. I've finally fixed my blogger account and am going to post race reports ASAP. Hope you're doing well!!
Post a Comment