Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Today Show in Williamsburg

I woke up this morning at 4:45 am, got ready and then met a bunch of my work buddies so we could try and get onto The Today Show. By the time we got down to Colonial Williamsburg, there were already thousands of others trying to get their one shot on TV as well. We were told that the crowd started forming around 1 am. We had no chance to get to the front or even get a scan through by the camera. We did see Al Roker a few times through a little hole through the million signs.

On the way back, we had to stop and visit with the Colonial Sheep, since they are always fun to watch.
Now I'm at work, exhausted and thinking about how comfortable my bed would be if I could just sneak home for a few hours. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urgh! I hate that when things like that happen. Coffee will be your best friend today!

At least you can say you went!

Tricia said...

You're right, coffee will be my best friend. I'm not a coffee drinker, because it makes me jittery and anxious, but I had a cup when I got into the office. It didn't help though, I'm still tired.

Amie said...

I even recorded the show - you saying I don't need to watch it? I'll give it a few minutes tonight & see if I can find you poking through the crowd :) I bet you are exhausted after being out late last night too!!

Tricia said...

You can try and find me, but I don't think you'll have any luck. I'm so tired, I'm sort of in a daze right now. Luckily we're doing birthday lunch in about half an hour, so it'll be nice not to have to work too hard.

Anonymous said...

Did you honestly think that being there an hour early was going to be early enough?!? I know that people in NY get there at least by 4 and it's there almost daily. Anyways... good try. We still love you!
-Stacy

Tricia said...

It was worth a try!