Saturday afternoon I ran a 5K at The New Kent County Fair. I had heard about the race from one of my friends who coaches x-country running and was using the 5k as a meet for her students. She couldn't run the race since she had to work it, but knew that the awards were good.
I arrived at the race early with my friend and figured non high school runners would arrive soon. The two other adult female runners arrived soon after. There were only three adults running the race. The age groups were pretty wide, mine being 19-35 and with only one of the women in my age group and with prizes going to the top two in each age group I knew I had an automatic prize.
The race started around 2:30 and was over 90 degrees. We ran at Colonial Downs on the horse racing track. It was 2 1/4 loops. It was hot, there was no shade, and there was no water.
The only thing that got me through the race was knowing that I had an automatic award when I finished.
I finished, in one of my worst times ever, but I finished and I was presented with this cute little purple iPod shuffle. I'm excited to put music on it, and use it when I run. I already have an iPod nano, but this is perfect for the gym or running, since it is so little and can clip right on my shorts.
2 comments:
Way cool!
eeeks! That is perfect. I need one...mine is an ipod video...and is kinda big for gym stuff...BUT...it is good for movie watching while I am on a boring cardio machine!!!
Post a Comment