It has been a fun yet busy last few days.Friday night we were supposed to play softball but due to the heavy rain on Thursday the fields were still a mess and the games were canceled. We used this opportunity to drive up and visit with Sean's sister and her family up in Sterling, VA. We were going to see Amy and Scott Saturday night in Philadelphia, but the girls, Anna (2.5), and Lucy (9 months) weren't going so we wanted to visit with them Saturday morning. We had so much fun with them. Amy had told Anna we were coming, so Saturday morning when she woke up in came in our room and was excited to see us. She jumped on the bed and she whispered "once Mommy wakes up we can go down stairs and watch Sesame Street and Barney!"
Saturday night was Sean's cousin Will's wedding up in Philadelphia. Around 10 am we left Sterling so we could get up to Philly with enough extra time for cheese steaks. Sean had never had a real Philly cheese steak, so we used this trip to do our own taste test. Pat's and Geno's are the two places to go so Sean suggested that we get one cheese steak from both.
Luckily they are across the street from one another so it was easy for us to get a steak from each place. We waited to eat both at the same time so we could give a fair assessment. Sean was really excited and both tasted really good, but both were different. Pat's had a lot of meat piled high, but it was chopped up in a bunch of pieces. Geno's had less meat, but it was full pieces and the texture tasted better to me. Overall Geno's was my favorite, and if we go back that would be my choice for cheese steaks.
After we finished our cheese steaks we checked into our hotel and got ready for the Wedding. The Ceremony was at the Historic St. George's Methodist Church, it was such a neat church and I'm sure there is a lot of history if I read into it. Alice looked beautiful, and you could see how in love her and Will are. They didn't stop smiling the entire ceremony.



The reception was at World Cafe Live which according to Will was a place of one of their first dates. The layout was perfect and the band they chose was amazing. The dance floor was full the entire night. Alice had a nice touch in the bathroom, with a basket full of flip flops for all the ladies. That way there was no reason to have to sit out a song and we could all dance the entire night. What would be a party without some pick up pictures as well, a trademark I developed at an early age when I was probably only 8 or 9 and I used to pick up my Uncle Ronnie.




Anyone who wants to see all the photos let me know and I can forward the album to you, there are way too many to post on here.
We got to bed around 1:30 am, and I only know this because I had to set my phone alarm for 7:30 am to get on the road for our wedding tasting.
Sunday morning came too quickly. I didn't get my normal 9-10 hours of sleep. Luckily I have an amazing fiance and he let me sleep in the car on our ride down in Maryland, and then again from Maryland to Virginia (I did drive for about an hour, but was so tired I didn't feel safe driving). We had our food tasting at our reception site, including entrees and cake and let me just tell you, the food was delicious! They made so much food and let us take home the leftovers, my co-workers were really excited for all of the cake I brought into the office today!
Now it's Monday evening, I just finished watching my favorite show ever Prison Break.
Luckily it's another short week, since we're driving down to Tybee Island, Georgia Thursday evening, for a short get away for Sean and myself. I'll post an update once we get back from that.
5 comments:
Hey, I'm glad I checked your blog today! Steve and I are headed to Philly this weekend for a night, and I've been dying to try a real cheese steak. I wrote down your recommendations. :op I can't wait!
What would an event be without Tricia picking up a handful of full-grown men?! :)
I look forward to catching up with you tonight!
Can I just say YUM YUM! I've ate at Gino's. Loved it!!!! Yum again.
Looks like you had a fabulous weekend!
Nice and busy weekend you two had. And another one coming right up as well. One more month and I get to go out to VA and see you guys!!!!
Ha...I have never had a cheese steak...but...I have also not had a hamburger either.... :/
I can't believe you pick him up...that is just to funny! You should post some pictures of you doing this as a kid!!! That is just great!!
Post a Comment