The race started at 8 but we had to get to Virginia Beach and also to packet pick-up so we left around 5 am. Luckily Jami volunteered to drive and we had a carload that made the race extra fun!
It was a cold morning in the high 20's/low 30's and they were calling for light snow.
We got to the race with plenty of time to get our race packet, break in the port-a-potties (we all got to unwrap the toilet paper, which may not seem exciting to most, but it was so nice to have a clean place to pee!)
Okay, now he's excited!The race started about 15 minutes late due to traffic. I always love hearing the national anthem before the start of a race. We also had a moment of silence for the Olympic athlete that had died on Friday, this was a nice touch and made us remember that we are all athletes.
My race was awful. Right from the beginning I didn't feel great. I had a side cramp and it didn't seem to go away. I didn't push it and the race went by fast, even though I wasn't running fast. With about 3 miles left in the race I thought maybe I could pick the pace up a bit, but than I got a pain in my shin and found myself walking through water stops and just begging for the finish line to come.
I crossed the finish line over 10 minutes slower than last year, but I finished and I was still proud of myself. Sean wasn't far behind me. He did great!
My race was awful. Right from the beginning I didn't feel great. I had a side cramp and it didn't seem to go away. I didn't push it and the race went by fast, even though I wasn't running fast. With about 3 miles left in the race I thought maybe I could pick the pace up a bit, but than I got a pain in my shin and found myself walking through water stops and just begging for the finish line to come.
I crossed the finish line over 10 minutes slower than last year, but I finished and I was still proud of myself. Sean wasn't far behind me. He did great!
JoJo smiles with JoJo. She was the Shamrock face last year and is still on a bunch of their marketing pieces. So cool!We stuck around for the awards and prizes. Sean pretended to be Jami's husband and they each won a prize.
We all desperately wanted hot chocolate so we stopped at the first 7-11 we came across. Of course the machine was broken. They had at least 3 people trying to fix it, but after about 10 minutes of waiting we all wanted to get on the road, so we left with no hot chocolate.
We got home around 1:30 and our new furniture had arrived, (blog is below). After the furniture guys left I took an hour and a half nap and than got ready for my Valentine's evening with the girls.
We went to Kyoto. They cook in front of you and although it took FOREVER for them to get to us it was worth the wait.
We all desperately wanted hot chocolate so we stopped at the first 7-11 we came across. Of course the machine was broken. They had at least 3 people trying to fix it, but after about 10 minutes of waiting we all wanted to get on the road, so we left with no hot chocolate.
We got home around 1:30 and our new furniture had arrived, (blog is below). After the furniture guys left I took an hour and a half nap and than got ready for my Valentine's evening with the girls.
We went to Kyoto. They cook in front of you and although it took FOREVER for them to get to us it was worth the wait.

The food was delicious, and I had enough leftovers for both Sean and I. After dinner we went and saw Valentine's Day. Such a great movie! It kind of reminded me of Love Actually with all of the sub plots. The movie got out at around 12:30, which was WAY past my bedtime, especially when I had woken up at 4 am. I was so excited to get to my bed, that I think I fell asleep immediately.
Valentine's Day was wonderful. I slept in until about 9, and than spent the majority of the day on our new couch! It was great. I caught up on my blogs, visited with Sean, and watched tidbits of the Olympic coverage.
I thought about cleaning, but that didn't happen. We thought about going out to dinner, but than decided take-out Red Lobster was a better option.
We even have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow, which I'm excited about.
After dinner we watched Sharkwater. We had seen part of this movie on the last day of our honeymoon while visiting an aquarium. We didn't realize it was a full length movie when we first sat down to watch it while in Ireland. It was really good, but we didn't want to spend an hour and a half on our last day watching a movie.
I bought the movie for us for Christmas, and we decided tonight would be a good night to watch it. It was really good, and gives a completely different perspective of how the media portrays sharks.
So I spent the entire Valentine's Day in my PJ's, it was amazing. I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Happy Valentine's Day!



2 comments:
The perfect weekend :) I liked how you mentioned the National Anthem. I remember when they started I wondered if I should take my hat off. I didn't want to be disrespectful, but I also didn't want to be freezing! When I saw that even the guy in the heart suit had his hat on I knew I was okay to still be wearing mine! Here's to good times ahead :)
Glad you had a great Valentine's Day! I WISH we got to be home in our pjs all day :)
Post a Comment