Now fast forward 5 months later and we are finally getting our couch. We had a false alarm a few weeks ago when we had a scheduled delivery and were not home to accept delivery. In all fairness we assumed delivery would be postponed do to the snowy weather.
We had delivery re-scheduled for this weekend and we were so excited. We started clearing out the area and moving the old couches out of the way.
We had our VIFL 14K race Saturday morning, will blog about that separately, and didn't worry about being home for delivery since delivery was between 2-6 pm. I made sure the furniture company had my cell phone number this time, since I always have my phone with me. Well always except this day.
When leaving the house before the race I slipped on the icy front steps (we never go out the front door, but since our friends that picked us up came through the front, we left through the front) and my cell phone fell out of my pocket into a snow pile. I didn't realize this until we were on the road and I noticed I didn't have my phone. I assumed I had left it on the counter though.
After the race we got home around 1:30, and what do we see when we get home, but the delivery truck next to our house...agh! I ran out of the car and was thinking they were going to be upset. I pulled out my defensiveness right away. "You're early!" They said they were ahead of schedule. They asked if I lost my phone. I again thought because I didn't answer when they called they were being smart with me. I told them I left it at home because I wasn't expecting them until 2. The guy than hands me my phone and asks if it was mine. He found it in a pile of snow by my front steps. Oops they were being nice, and were super friendly.
We took them inside and showed them where everything was going.
When leaving the house before the race I slipped on the icy front steps (we never go out the front door, but since our friends that picked us up came through the front, we left through the front) and my cell phone fell out of my pocket into a snow pile. I didn't realize this until we were on the road and I noticed I didn't have my phone. I assumed I had left it on the counter though.
After the race we got home around 1:30, and what do we see when we get home, but the delivery truck next to our house...agh! I ran out of the car and was thinking they were going to be upset. I pulled out my defensiveness right away. "You're early!" They said they were ahead of schedule. They asked if I lost my phone. I again thought because I didn't answer when they called they were being smart with me. I told them I left it at home because I wasn't expecting them until 2. The guy than hands me my phone and asks if it was mine. He found it in a pile of snow by my front steps. Oops they were being nice, and were super friendly.
We took them inside and showed them where everything was going.
The final product (prior to taking the plastic off the recliner)The delivery guys were really fast putting everything together and even helped load one of the old couches into Sean's truck (the heavy pull out bed one). We are giving our friends Jami and Ryan the old couches since they have space in their house. We brought it to Jami's after the guys left and will bring the other couch sometime soon.
Sean and I have been loving the new couch and we each have our assigned spots. I have my chaise lounge, which I love, and Sean has his recliner with a table right next to it for the remote and some snacks.
We're ready to have some friends over soon to break in the new couch! I guess you're officially a grown-up when you get excited about furniture.
Sean and I have been loving the new couch and we each have our assigned spots. I have my chaise lounge, which I love, and Sean has his recliner with a table right next to it for the remote and some snacks.
We're ready to have some friends over soon to break in the new couch! I guess you're officially a grown-up when you get excited about furniture.

4 comments:
Tricia I love the new couches!!! They're beautiful! Can't wait to hang out :) Happy Heart Day!
Love it! It looks so huge in pictures! Enjoy
It is pretty big. We wanted something big and comfy.
nice comfy couches! Glad they're finally there!
Post a Comment