Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another snowy weekend

The snow we received at the end of January was a pleasant surprise, but when they called for snow the following weekend we started to wonder why it only snowed on the weekends. Unlike our friend's in the school district, when it snows on the weekends we still have to work on Monday. I think the schools have been open a total of 2 days for the month of February. Crazy!

The sleeting rain started Friday evening and we decided to go bowling! This is something we haven't done in a long time.

Audrey gets a strike!

Sean is kicking butt!

Jonathon sports his bowling shoes that were given to him as a gift

Jami goes for the strike! Can't remember if she got it.


Overall it was a really fun evening. I broke 100 the first game but not the second. We found a coupon for 99 cent games too so it was a really affordable evening!

Saturday morning I went for a nice 10.6 mile run with Suzy. It was great to get a long run in before the VIFL 14K.

In the afternoon Sean and I did a few errands and I loved how pretty the trees looked as we drove around.



Our house looks nice with the snow covering the ground and definitely looks much nicer than the brown ground.

The snowy weather always makes me hungry so I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to make some snickerdoodles! Sean had been talking about these cookies for awhile, and I am always in the mood to make cookies. The only problem is I have zero self control. Because of this we decided to invite Sonny and Suzy over so they could share our cookies and so I didn't eat 3 dozen cookies alone.

It was a fun low key evening chatting with friends.

Sunday was the superbowl and although I could have cared less who won. We went to a friend of a friend's house and ended up winning $10 because of the score in the second quarter!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure does look pretty! Pretty gloomy here!