Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day started early for Sean and I. We woke up at 4 am so we could drive down to Virginia Beach for my first race of 2009, The Virginia is for Lovers 14K. We picked Jami up on the way, since she was racing with me as well. Jami and I made sure to look cute in our pink outfits and even made jewel hearts on our cheeks.

After the race we hung out in the warm tent and enjoyed the band and free drinks. Nothing like a cold beer after running for an hour. Unfortunately the sponsor for the food was Moe's and they had taco's and burritos. I hate Mexican food, so Sean got my food instead.

After the awards, Jami got 3rd in our age group and I got 11th, we left and enjoyed a nice nap in the car while Sean drove. After dropping Jami off, Sean and I had about an hour, just long enough for a quick nap, before we needed to meet with our Facilitator of our FOCCUS questionnaire to go over the final results of the test.

Now we're sitting back at the house relaxing for a little while before we go bowling at 7 and then dinner at 8:30. Definitely a fun filled Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Wow Tricia - sure sounds like a fun filled day. Glad it wasn't too frigid for you this morning.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I haven't had Mexican food in forever! Yum.

Looks like you had a fun day. You girls looked cute!