Sean and I have lived in Virginia for a little over 2 1/2 years. During this time I only remember seeing snow one time, and that lasted about an hour or two until it melted.
This past Sunday night we looked outside to see the first "major" snow accumulation. By major I just mean that it was covering the ground. We woke up Monday morning to see probably 1-2 inches covering the ground. The temperature was well below freezing and our cars were solid ice cubes. I thought when I decided to move to the south that I was done with needing an ice scraper, and having to shovel my car out. Luckily, I have a wonderful fiance and he not only warmed my car up, but also scraped the ice off and got me ready to go to work.
All of the school districts were closed, along with the government, military and basically every company in the area, except for mine, and Sean's. The roads hadn't been plowed, and although there wasn't much snow, it was cold and there was ice on the roads.
All schools in the area were closed at least two days, and Wednesday was either another day off or a 2 hour delay. I seriously picked the wrong career. I wish I could have enjoyed a snow day!
Thursday the snow started to melt and by Friday morning the temperatures were already in the 60's. By the time 5:00 rolled around it was in the low 70's and it definitely felt like a warm spring day.
Yesterday and today we had possible record breaking temperatures in the low 80's and it made up for the cold unpleasant weather we had to deal with earlier this week. The 80's are supposed to last at least one more day and than I believe it's back to 50's and 60's.
Talk about extreme temperatures!
ふじ山をのぼりました。Climbed Mt. Fuji
16 years ago
5 comments:
Crazy!
Woke up this morning to snow and icy roads here in VT. Spring is coming I've been told, but I haven't really seen much signs of it yet.
Ewwwww. School was delayed here...but...we didn't have an inch of snow. All the other districts closed, Military called for half-days...I was beyond confused...but I guess they CALLED for snow. Ha. Now it is 84 degrees. Yay.
Ack! I hate crazy weather like that!
Why weren't the cars in the garage?!? :) Unfortunately it sounds like YOU didn't get the day off.... WTF???
Post a Comment