Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Maria visits

Maria came to visit this last weekend and we had a lot of fun. She arrived Saturday afternoon and the first thing we did was make Sangria! Every time Maria visits we make Sangria, because, let's face it, she's "Sangria Maria!"

You can't really tell from this photo, but we got this pitcher as a wedding gift. It's supposed to have our names and est. 2009. It's really cute. We have matching glasses and everything. The only problem is the manufacturer sent us one that says "Polly and Nick Antol." We have since received the correct pitcher, actually just this Monday, 4 months later, but it's still fun to pull out the Antol pitcher.

Maria stirs up the Sangria after we cut the fruit and let it soak. It looked so delicious. Unfortunately I gave up alcohol for lent so I had to make "virgin" versions which just weren't the same but were still pretty tasty.

Some of the delicious finished product

Fresh fruit is delicious

Maria becomes Mona once these glasses are put on. Playing the empty wine bottle.

After the Sangria was finished we made a few different appetizers for the evening, and than just relaxed and did what we always do, talk and caught up.  Maria is one of those people you can talk to forever, at least that's how it always is with me.  We have our Thursday phone date night and talk while I'm driving home from work, and we never have a lack of stuff to talk about.

I had invited a bunch of my friends over to hang out and enjoy our Sangria, so around 8 pm, the house started to fill up and we had such a fun time visiting.  We put the Wii on for a little bit, and although there weren't many brave soles willing to try the game I borrowed from my co-worker, Let's Dance, the few of us that did dance entertained the entire crowd.

We visited until close to midnight, and than because we're all old farts we called it a night.

Sunday morning Maria and I slept in while Sean got up early to play golf.  It was really nice out, mid 60's, so once we got up and showered we decided to go to Colonial Williamsburg and walk around.  

We first visited The Peanut Shop, because let's face it, they have free samples, and one can never eat too much chocolate covered peanut brittle, unless of course you are my sister and deathly allergic.  

After The Peanut Shop we stopped in Aromas for Maria to get her coffee, and I decided on a hot chocolate.  Than we started walking.  We didn't realize that we would be visiting the "Williamsburg Petting Zoo."  Okay it wasn't really a zoo, but there were a ton of animals out, much more than I normally see.  


This Ox was super cute 

Across the road were the mom and babies

The pretty horse, that was "neighing" at this lady because her perfume smelled bad 
(at least that's what the lady thought)

What's Williamsburg without some Colonial sheep

We found this cool tree that we took turns hiding behind

Okay I guess I'm not really hiding but we had fun on our little adventure.

We walked around for over 2 hours and than decided to head back to the house and watch trashing TV.  It's relaxing and we could talk some more without really having to watch the TV.

Sean finally got home, he had taken a trip up to Richmond after his golf game to get his new tri toy.....a new Triathlon bike.

We decided to go out for dinner, and went to one of our favorite restaurants, Bonefish.  Maria had never been, and we introduced her to Bang, Bang, Shrimp...which is the best, especially since I had a coupon for a free appetizer!

After dinner, we came home relaxed and but on our Mona glasses for a fun photo together.

Cheese!

And can't forget to take a photo for the "pick-up" album

And just so Sean didn't feel left out I took a photo of him with his new toy...

Someone's a little extra happy!

Monday morning Maria left me for an "exciting" conference in D.C.  I'll miss her, but hope she visits us when we're up in Cape May this summer and we can't wait to visit her at her new place.

Until next time, thanks for visiting Maria, and I'll see you soon!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Looks like it was a FUN visit! Glad you got some Q.T with one of your BFFs :)

Unknown said...

that is so fun! I lOVED the picture of the Sangria - it looked so mouth watering - I wish I wasn't allergic to wine!!

SangriaMaria said...

I started cracking up when I was looking at the pics of the oxen, because it made me think of that little kid screaming after he fell on the ground. Nice sangria pics!!

Deb said...

Looks like a fun filled weekend.