Monday, March 22, 2010

Irish Soda Bread

As my first St. Patrick's Day as a Murphy I wanted to be extra Irish and take a stab at making Irish Soda Bread.

I had two different recipes in my wedding cookbook (a cookbook family and friends compiled for Sean and I of their favorite recipes).

I wasn't sure which recipe to choose, so I decided to make one loaf of each.

I only remembered to take photos of one loaf, but they looked the same so you get the idea.

Watching it cook!

Fresh out of the oven!

We waited to do the taste test on St. Patrick's Day and the verdict was unanimous. Sean's father's law partner's Grandmother's recipe was the winner! Although in all fairness it did have more sugar than the other recipe, and sugar always helps, so I'm not sure if this was the reason for it winning.

I'd post the recipes but I don't feel like typing so you'll just have to ask me and maybe I'll share!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Irish Soda bread. I made it all the time after we got back from Ireland. This reminds me to make it again! Yum.