Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wedding Fun in Cancun

It's hard to believe that we've been back from Cancun for over a week now. It's been hard getting back to the daily grind. A week in Mexico was definitely relaxing and definitely needed. Because it has been over a week I'm going to do an abbreviated recap, at least that's what I'm going to try and do.

Sunday after Christmas, Sean and I flew out to Cancun for our friends Jami and Ryan's wedding. We arrived at our resort, Gran Caribe Real, around 3 in the afternoon. It didn't take us long to get out of our winter clothes and to something more appropriate.

Sean's ready to hit the beach!

I'm ready too!

We were lucky in that we found Jami and Ryan fairly quickly. They knew what time to expect us and were waiting around the pool area to greet us. Once we were changed we met them on the beach.

Jami and I enjoy some sun

All of the other guests weren't arriving until Monday, so Sunday night was just the four of us. We stayed at the beach until the sun went down and then got dressed up for dinner.

We love the self-timer, and thanks to Audrey for letting me borrow this dress

Sean and I must have called each other since they were twins

Jami and I

Monday morning before heading to breakfast Sean enjoys the view from our room. It was really nice to be able to relax, enjoy the warmth and have no responsibilities.

Monday evening at the grooms dinner. Sean is all smiles.

Sean shows off the wedding gift Jami and Ryan gave us. Beach Towels!

I surprised Jenni early in the week with a quick pick-up.

After the grooms dinner we all headed to bed ready for the big wedding day on Tuesday. During the day while Jami was getting extra beautiful Sean and I laid on the beach and relaxed. The ceremony started at 3, so after lunch Sean and I went and got ourselves ready and headed to the wedding, which of course was right on the beach.

The sign welcoming the wedding! Luckily Ryan got them to change Jami's name so it didn't say Tami anymore. Not sure if Jami would have appreciated that.

I love this picture of us! It was a perfect day for a wedding.

The set-up, so pretty!

Ryan walks his mom down the aisle.

Maids of Honor and Best Man

Ryan gets a glimpse at his beautiful bride

Jami with her parents

So beautiful!

I love the girl's dresses...the yellow looked perfect with the blue of the ocean

Kiss the bride!

Mr. and Mrs. Brayton!

Nice dip!

Jami's friends all had on fun sunglasses...it got her to laugh

Love it!

All the girls

All the boys

It was hard to pick just a few pictures to post on here. Almost every photo showed how much Jami and Ryan love each other and it doesn't help that they are both extremely photogenic.




They didn't get quite the "private" beach wedding you would have expected. Before the ceremony even started there were people pulling their beach chairs to face the ceremony, standing out on their balcony, and then there was a group that just stood near the chairs that were set up for all the guests.

This guy had his video camera out and recorded the entire ceremony. We all thought that was pretty strange, but than him and his wife came up to get their picture taken with the newlyweds.

Sean and I

Welcoming Mr. and Mrs. Brayton into the reception

The first dance! I love seeing how happy Ryan is.

Love them!

Us girls at the reception

Showing my AWESOME dance moves


Dancing with Jami's Dad

Jami and Ryan with THEIR sign

What's a wedding unless you pick up a bride. Sorry Audrey I should have picked you up, and Janelle, you better watch out...you're next!

The hotel at night

After Party!

Pick-up #3 of the vacation

Wednesday morning we woke up and we did what we did every other day, we went to the beach. Most days I just laid and read and Sean played in the waves. He would stay in their for hours. He loves it!

Sean plays in the Ocean

Pick-up # 4

Thursday there was a little beach volleyball going on. It was hot and I decided to relax and be the photographer.

We stayed at the hotel for New Years. We debated going out to a fun Mexican Club, but it was $75, and we figured since our resort was doing something which didn't cost anything and since the resort was inclusive we saved our money.

The resort handed out hats, champagne and grapes and Sean and I brought in the New Year together Cancun style.

Sean and I enjoy New Year's Day, where else, on the beach!

The week seemed to go by way too quickly as do all vacations. We soon found ourselves, Sunday morning, at the Cancun airport waiting to board our plane.

Sean shows how he feels about leaving Mexico

I'm not any happier

We arrived back in Virginia close to midnight last Sunday. Our flight from Atlanta was delayed by about 4 hours. It was pretty miserable hanging out in the airport, especially when we could have been on the beach.

Now we're back to the cold, and dreaming of our next vacation. Thanks Jami and Ryan for planning a destination wedding and letting us come along. Congrats!


2 comments:

Amie said...

Nice recap!! I'm so jealous of all the beach time - hopefully Jay and I can get some in soon! :) Seeing the Cancun airport reminds me of our honeymoon:)

xoxox

Unknown said...

Love the recap! We need to hang out for realz! Its been since before christmas!