Saturday, December 26, 2009

The most relaxing Christmas ever!

Christmas was wonderful.

Sean and I attempted to go to Christmas Eve mass, although we didn't get to the church early enough and by the time we arrived the church was full. "There is no room at the inn." We felt like Mary and Joseph. I've never heard of being turned away at church, but there is always a first for everything.

We went back to our house, watched some TV and enjoyed a delicious meal of cheese and crackers, my favorite! Right before bed I read Polar Express to Sean. It's my family's tradition to read this book every Christmas Eve. My mom has read the book to my sister's and I up until the last year we all went home, 2005. Since than, I read it allowed to Sean. I always get a slight eye-roll, but than Sean get's into the spirit and I know he secretly enjoys it.

Christmas morning we woke up early so we could attempt Christmas mass. We opted for the 8 am mass, because we knew there would be less people than at the 10:30 or 11 am mass. We also went to a different church and we had no problems at all getting in.

As soon as we got home we put the Orange Sweet Rolls into the oven. Another family tradition. The best part about Christmas being just Sean and I, we each get to eat four! I've been so good with my eating these last few weeks, so I didn't feel guilty at all over indulging in all of the holiday treats.



We than took a few pictures in front of our FREE Christmas tree and changed into some comfy clothes.

Sean poses with our reindeer (homemade by dad last year)

Got to love the self-timer!

Check out all of those presents!

Once the sweet rolls were out of the oven Sean made Mimosas and we cheered to our first Christmas as husband and wife. We are very fortunate to have good friends and family and we were spoiled tremendously. We opened gifts, and talked to all of our family and a few friends before relaxing on the couch.


We received two new Wii gifts, Wii Resorts and Wii Super Mario Bros. So of course we HAD to try both out. After playing for a bit, Sean dozed off on the couch, and I watched a little TV.

Stocking Stuffers!

Some of the many gifts we received

We were planning on going to see a movie, but we ended up staying in and watching a movie on TV.

I ended up making a small chicken roaster for dinner which made the house smell delicious.


After dinner we continued lounging around the house and than we called it a night around 10. It was such a relaxing day, and I love that we didn't have any obligations.

This morning we woke up, ran a few errands, cleaned up the house, took down our tree and finished packing for MEXICO! Our flight leaves in about 8 hours, I guess I probably should get a little sleep. I can't believe that it's here. Mexico recap to come in 2010!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and have a safe and Happy New Year!

0 comments: