Last night when we went to bed there was nothing. I always get up a few times in the night, and each time I peaked out the window. I saw a little bit of snow, but not enough to cover the grass. Originally we were going to head to the pool and go for a swim, but of course the entire city is shut down. Plus, we decided a run would be more fun anyway.
We bundled up and I decided it would be fun to document our run with my camera. We left around 9 am, and by now there was a solid covering on the ground and the snow was falling.
Almost immediately we realized we weren't prepared. The snow was hitting us directly in our faces and we both wished we had either a brimmed hat, glasses or something to protect ourselves. We weren't turning back so we decided to just deal with it.
We are really fortunate to have a nice trail by our house. We can access it from our neighborhood and it has rolling hills and is a 5 mile loop when leaving and finishing from our house. The trees protected us from the snow, although not 100%
I absolutely love taking pictures, but I like some of myself too. I gave my camera to Sean for a bit and had him take some of me trugging along in the snow.
Although our run was much tougher than normal, running in snow = running in sand, we had so much fun. We were laughing and having a lot of fun running together.
Just as we finished, we turned around and saw our buddies Sonny and Suzy finishing up their morning run. They ran much longer than us, but took advantage of the WISC trail for part of their run. It's really nice having friends you can share the joys of running with.
Now I'm back inside. It took a hot shower, warm clothes, an electric blanket and hot tea to warm me up. I've stop shivering and am now looking forward to spending a lazy day stuck inside with Sean. Since the snow isn't stopping anytime soon I've declared in PJ and Movie day! This afternoon we may play outside and try and make a snowman. Not sure if it's the right kind of snow but I think we can make it work.
I'm sure I'll be posting another snow update tomorrow. So stay tuned.

2 comments:
Glad you had a great morning! I went for a run today too but it was a little different - sunny and in a tank top! :) xoxo
No run for me.... just enjoying the fact that's it the weekend. Glad to seeyou made a fun day out of the snow.
Post a Comment