Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Homemade Sorbet

I just finished making homemade sorbet for the very first time. I got my ice cream/frozen yogurt/sorbet maker from Maria earlier this year as a bridal shower gift and I know I should have used it by now, but honestly I've been so busy.

I've been thinking about what kind of ice cream I should make and while searching recipes I found one for Mango/Orange Sorbet. I improvised slightly and made a Mango/Raspberry/Blueberry version. I was anxious to try it and probably stopped it a little early, but it didn't matter it was still a good texture and tasted SO GOOD! I was surprised by how easy it was, and Sean definitely agreed with me on the taste.


I'm now anxious to make some some ice cream. I saw a recipe for Rhubarb, and I think I might improvise and try Strawberry Rhubarb. My sister Stacy is known for her Strawberry Rhubarb pie, and I'm hoping this might taste half as good as her pie.

I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Maria said...

I LOVE THIS! Fabulous.

Amie said...

Looks delicious!!! Can't wait to hear how the ice cream turns out :)

Anonymous said...

I have the SAME one. I LOVE it. Actually, I love it so much, I'm going to buy an extra bucket so I can make two batches, one right after the other for when I have parties, guests, etc. I bought Ben&Jerry's ice cream/dessert cookbook. While I do have fresh farm eggs and don't worry about raw foods/eggs, I like the custard type method in the recipes in the book that came with it. It's creamier than B&J's raw recipes. I haven't tried the sorbet yet. Will have to soon.

Anonymous said...

Amie gave me the same one :) I made juice slushies with it for the boys one day - was a big hit!

Anonymous said...

you guys and your rhubarb stuff...i remember those days you all would go out to the garden and bring a bowl of sugar with you :)

~ Jamers