Friday night after work we drove up to Sterling, VA to visit Sean's sister Amy and her family. We didn't take any pictures, but we had a fun time playing with the girls and holding little Jack. Lucy has moved out of her crib and into a "big girl" bed. I enjoyed reading both of the girls stories and putting them to bed, even though they didn't really go to sleep right away. Sharing a room is "too much fun," especially for Anna who likes to talk all night long.
Saturday morning we played with the girls some more.
I can't believe how big Lucy is getting. She's almost the same weight as Anna. I think Amy said she's up to 35 lbs and at 22 months, that's one big girl! Luckily she has her height, so she is proportionate and shouldn't end up on Maury. She's also talking a lot more, no surprise that her favorite words are pizza and cookie. She is just as happy as can be. She smiled the entire time we were there and gave lots of hugs and kisses.
Anna is a lot of fun too. She's definitely the oldest child and likes to tell Lucy what to do but she's so smart. Saturday morning she went out in the garage and put her bike helmet on, shoes and was all ready to go on a bike ride. She came back inside and told us "I got my shoes, I got my helmet, I got my bike, Let's Go!" Scott asked her about her clothes, she still was in her pajamas, her answer "but that's just one thing." Than later on Sean was putting a piece of candy back in her halloween bag and he asked her which one was hers (both her and Lucy's bags are identical) she says, "the full one."
Jack has changed a lot as well since we saw him about a month ago. He can hold his head up and is so much more alert. It's a shame I didn't take any photos.
After visiting until lunch time Sean and I said our goodbyes and drove to Maryland where we had to do some yard-work on the house and a little bit of fix-ups. We currently don't have any tenants in the house and have utilized this time to get the house into better shape.
After we were done for the day we visited with Joe and Sally and the kids. We always have a fun time playing catch up. We don't see them enough. Joe surprised us, and his family by shaving off his mustache. He's had it forever! Sally has never seen him without it. Shaving, definitely makes him look a lot younger and although Sean and I thought he looked good his boys don't like change and were a little alarmed to see their father looking so different. Joe informed us this was a one time deal and it will probably be back the next time we see him.
Sunday morning we woke up and did a few more house projects before showing the house to prospective tenants. They were a nice young family, who fingers crossed, are very interested in renting. Let's just hope all the paperwork goes through okay, and we can stop paying double mortgages.
After finishing up in Maryland we drove back home and relaxed at the house. It was a gorgeous day in the 70's. It's too bad we weren't able to spend it outside, instead of driving in the car.
I have my half marathon on Saturday in Richmond. I'm very excited, although I basically took all of last week off from training. My quads were sore after the Halloween 10K and I think my body was really telling me to take a break. Tonight I expect to run 5-6 miles and I should be very rested, let's just hope I'm not too rested.
Fingers crossed for a good run and a good race on Saturday.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update! Next time, post pictures. :)
Have a great race!
It's amazing how quickly kids grow. Everyone tells you that while you're pregnant and you think they're just being party poopers or something. Taking the fun out of all you're looking forward to. But, it's so true! Glad you get to see these kids grow up!
I was shocked too... no pictures?!?!
Post a Comment