Monday, June 22, 2009

Wedding Weekend Recap

I'm finally getting a chance to blog about the wedding weekend. Since I want to blog about the honeymoon next this probably won't be in as depth as some of you (ie. Amie) would like but here are the main recaps. For additional info and pictures click on the link for each day, it'll bring you to Amie's blog which has lots of pictures.

On Thursday, May 28th most of the family flew or drove in. I hadn't seen most of my family since Amie's wedding last August, so it was nice catching up. The ladies and I went downtown for dinner and my bachelorette party at Howl at the Moon, while the guys went to see an Orioles game and then out to the bars for Sean's bachelor party. It was a fairly early night for both of us, I think we were all back around the same time. Amie wanted her McDonald's but either the one we drove by wasn't open, or we couldn't find one. Regardless she settled for buggles and that made her happy.

Friday morning I had to drive and get Sean's surprise grooms cake. I didn't realize that it was a 40 mile drive both ways. Therefore I had to get up at the crack of dawn and drive to get it. All my girls were still sleeping, except I got some Mommy alone time when she came with me. It was a nice drive just the two of us. She ended up giving me the engagement ring my father had given to her. Since they are no longer married she doesn't wear it, and she knew that I would love it, and I do! I have to get it sized a little bigger though.

We finally got back into Annapolis and I was already running late for my mani/pedi appointment. I had the girls call and push the appointment back, which was no problem, although since we were late for our mani/pedi appointment, we were then late for the rehearsal. I think it was about 30 minutes late...yikes!!! Luckily the boys could go on time, but I got a lecture from the church coordinator who also told me I had to be on time on Saturday since they had scheduled a 3:30 wedding after ours, even though they were only supposed to have a max of two weddings a day, and the latest was supposed to be ours at 2:00. Nothing we could do.

After the rehearsal we drove to Rams Head Tavern for our rehearsal dinner. We got caught in a crazy rain storm that lasted about 10 minutes, but it rained so hard Amie had me pull over so we didn't die. We arrived at Ram's Head a little late, but they were ready for us. The food was delicious and the wait staff was wonderful. Sean and I both gave our bridal party their gifts and Amie presented me with a cookbook that everyone had contributed to. It was amazing, I can't wait to try the recipes.

After dinner Sean and I went to check into the hotel/townhouse that my sister's and I would be sleeping in that night. Someone canceled our reservations that day. I fought, I cried, it was awful. They couldn't kick the people out, so the best they could do was give us a suite a 1/3 of the size. We obviously got it for free, and I got to call all my vendors that were arriving the next morning at 8 pm that night giving them the new address. How fun!

We went back to Doubletree where all of our out of town guests were staying and most of our guests were hanging out in the hotel bar. I got to visit with my cousins I hadn't seen in 10 years! I loved that they took the time and flew to be with us during our wedding weekend.
We eventually called it a night and my sisters and I packed up our stuff and went to The Maryland Inn where we shared a bed and where I got a wonderful night's sleep. Apparently my sister's didn't get the greatest night sleep. That's what they get for sticking me in the middle.

Saturday
morning we woke up around 7 or so. It was beautiful and sunny. We all showered and then the three of us walked downtown to get bagels and to walk by the water. It was relaxing and wonderful. We had to be back by 9:00 since that was when our first vendor was arriving, or should I say supposed to have arrived.

We got back and played the waiting game. By this time Celeste (Sean's mom) and my mom had both arrived. Maria and Kerry shortly followed, but by 9:30 I had my sister call the only number I had which was for my make-up vendor, she wasn't due to arrive until 11. My sister spoke with her and she tried to call the hair stylist. She ended up giving my sister the chick's number and both of them tried numerous times until she finally called my sister back. She told us she'd be there in 20 minutes, mind you it's after 10 by now. I was a little frustrated, not as much as Amie. We called the make-up vendor back and asked what she could do since, we had 6 individuals getting there hair done and needed to be done by noon. Long story short, I know it doesn't seem very short but the story could be much longer, the owner ended up coming down to help. She was on maternity leave, due to have her baby the following Saturday. She was wonderful, smiley and helpful. My hair stylist called my sister asking for directions not even knowing where she was going. Just a bump in the road.

In the mean time my photographers came, Matt Fuller of Tender Images and his wife Rachel. They helped calm the tension and were so much fun for the entire day. The flowers arrived, we did a champagne toast and then got dressed. After finishing getting dressed we took some pictures and then walked downtown to take some fun photos, including stopping at a Fudge shop to try free fudge samples, yum! While we were downtown with Matt, Rachel went back to the Doubletree and took photos with Sean and his guys. They had a fun time.

Finally it was time to get married, yeah!!! We walked back to the Maryland Inn to wait for the limo. She was running 5-10 minutes late due to an accident, so she says. All I could think of was the crazy wedding coordinator at the church telling me that I can't be late. I didn't let it bother me though.

We arrived at the church and of course she was out there, but I ignored her. I let my girls get out first, and then I got out hugged my mom and walked into the church. I had to go hide since the back of the church has a lot of glass and everyone could see me. All I really remember is Alex (Sean's 3 year old nephew) crying and telling his mom it wasn't fair that Ella got to be the flower girl and how he wanted to be the flower girl.

I had to hide in a broom closet with the limo driver, she was crazy looking, not really sure if she was a man or a woman and I'm not sure why she came in the closet with me. I called for them to bring my dad in with me. I hadn't even had a chance to see or say hi to him. He came in the closet with the limo driver and I and we waited for our turn.

Once we were cued that it was safe to come out of the closet I started to get excited. I couldn't believe that it was May 30th and that I was getting married. My now husband stood at the end of the aisle and I watched him as I walked down. I don't even remember the music playing, I just remember watching his face.

My dad gave me to Sean and sat down. The first thing Sean whispered to me was "where are
the sleeves?" I had convinced him for the last two weeks that my dress had sleeves, and I'm the worst liar ever, but apparently he really thought my dress had sleeves. I'm not sure why since it was the end of May in the south, but he believed it.

The ceremony went by fast, Anna (Sean's niece) sat in the front row and twirled when the church music played. Luckily my Uncle got most of the ceremony on video so we are able to re-watch and see our ceremony over again. I just remember holding Sean's hand and being the most happy I think I'd ever been. Then it came time to say our vows and then to kiss my husband. I still cannot believe I have a husband. It is really an amazing feeling.

After the ceremony we walked outside and of course the other wedding party had already arrived. We said a few quick hellos to friends and family and got in the limo and took a few formals down in Annapolis by the water. We didn't have time for very many, and then it was time for the party to start at the reception.

We drove to Severna Park, which was about a 20 minute drive. Our reception was at Chartwell Golf and Country Club. We went upstairs to grab a drink and a few appetizers. I think Ella took most of the first round, she was starving, so we had to wait for the next tray, it wasn't too long.
Outside we took a bunch of formals, and then Sean and I drove away in the golf cart for some pictures of just the two of us. It was nice to have a little bit of time alone, even though it really felt like 5 minutes. I still can't believe how quickly the day went by.

Of course after this it was time for introductions. We came into "Ring of Fire" and then from here went to our first dance, True Companion by Marc Cohn. Our first dance was amazing, we both were in our own world with just each other. We sang the entire song to each other and enjoyed the time together.

The rest of the evening just flew by, and the next thing I knew they were closing the bars. We couldn't believe it was over, so what did we do? We extended it an extra hour. Luckily we were able to do this, because it would have been way to quick otherwise. The remaining hour went by fast as well, but we enjoyed time with family and friends. The last song of the night was Runaway by The Corrs.

Once the reception was over and we could no longer extend we grabbed a ride with Maria and Steve and went back to the hotel to continue the party. We had such a wonderful time with all of our friends and family and we are so blessed to have such great people in our lives. Eventually we had to call it a night. We called a taxi and finished the night just the two of us, as husband and wife.

Okay, that was much longer than I thought. I'll do a separate blog with photos from the wedding, because I don't feel like taking the time to embed the photos in the blog. Call me lazy, but at least I finally got around to writing this blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The limo driver hid in the broom closet with you... I didn't even know you had gone in one! That made me laugh :) Hard to sum up such a fun and wonderful weekend! Love you! Stacers

Tricia said...

Well it might not have been a broom closet, but it was a very small room that I could touch the walls on either side if I tried. They hid me until Sean was up front so he didn't accidentally see me. I didn't mind hiding, but seriously, with the limo driver?

Deb said...

Great Blogging Tricia. Brought me right back there with you. We had a wonderful time and the memories will be with us forever. Love you.
Mom

Amie said...

I too didn't know about the limo driver hiding in the closet with you. It made me laugh so hard I cried a little (surprised?)! It really was a PERFECT day Tricia! I am so glad you and your husband are happy! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Well, you must have been so entranced by the limo driver that you forgot that I was in the broom closet with you too! Lol. I ran out and grabbed your dad and then we hid altogether until the crazy coordinator lady found us and let us know it was time to line-up for the walk down the aisle.
This is Kerry...

Tricia said...

I was totally stuck in the closet with her, and she even made it on the wedding video Uncle George made me. She walks all the way to the door with me, and once I start walking she nods her head, as in I've done my job.

Tricia said...

Sorry Kerry, I WAS "entranced" by the limo driver, I didn't know why she was with me. I'm glad you were with me too, and I do remember you being in there now that you said it. The day went by so fast, it's easier to remember the hiccups.