
We had a long day of shopping and luckily at the end of the day (around 5 pm) we decided on and purchased a couch! The only bad news is that it's going to take until after the New Year for us to receive. Apparently the couch we chose is made in Italy, the leather comes from Brazil and it takes about 20 weeks to make/deliver. Sounds fancy. So this will be an exciting Christmas present, once it actually gets here. Actually it's a delayed wedding gift, since we decided to use the money we got from the wedding for this wonderful couch. Pictures will have to wait until it gets here.
After couch shopping we drove to Raleigh to meet up with our friend Brett. We met Brett through my sister Amie and Jay. He's one of their Westwind Arizona buddies since he used to live out in Phoenix near them, but now lives in Raleigh and NYC. Luckily he was in Raleigh this weekend so we could meet up. Brett was also kind enough to let us crash at his place so we didn't have to get a hotel.
We met Brett and his friend Wes at Fox and the Hound, a local bar that was playing the Washington and USC game. When we arrived there was only about 15 minutes left in the game. The game was pretty exciting and Brett being a huge Washington fan was pretty excited, especially after the Huskies won. Apparently they didn't win any games last year and this was a huge upset, Brett was psyched!
After the game we went and had delicious Sushi and then we were trying to decide what to do.
When this caught our eye...
When this caught our eye...
Of course we decided to go over and check it out. I ask Sean and Brett to smile and they both do this almost immediately. It was too funny.
I believe this was the most expensive candy store known to man. I got a box of nerds for $2.79, didn't they used to be 50 cents? We all got way more candy then we needed, and Brett found flavored crickets, they were pretty gross looking, but with a sour cream and onion flavor they may be tasty.
After our candy stop we went back to Brett's watched I love You man and called it a night.
This morning we slept until almost 8 which is the latest I've slept in a long time. We got up and showered and I was delighted to find White Tea body wash in the shower. I asked Brett about this and he claims it was his girlfriend's, and that his was the "Manly" Body wash on the rack, but I'm not too sure about that. We went to a little breakfast place nearby and ate way too much food. Before heading on the road I made the boys smile for a quick photo.
Thanks Brett! We had a fun time visiting.

1 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of the lovely couch you two chose to purchase. Sounda like a fun time with Brett. Love ya
Post a Comment